The minimum graduation requirements for the Alberta High School Diploma are outlined below. These diploma requirements are not always the same as those needed to enter post-secondary institutions. All students and parents are asked to attend the Transition Meeting or see counsellor prior to registering for Grade 10 year. Students should continue to consult administration or counsellor as the need arises.
To earn an Alberta High School Diploma, a student must:
1) Earn a minimum of 100 credits.
2) Complete and meet the standards of the following courses:
- English 30-1 or 30-2 or Français 30
- Social Studies 30-1 or 30-2
- Mathematics 20 -1 or 20-2, or Math 20-3
- Science 20 or 20-3 or Biology 20 or Chemistry 20 or Physics 20
(or Science 10 and any other 5-credit science course)
3) Complete and meet the standards of the following:
- Physical Education 10 (3 credits)
- Career and Life Management (CALM) 20 (3 credits)
- 10 credits in any 30-level courses (including locally developed) in addition to English 30-1 or 30-2 and Social Studies 30-1 or 30-2
- 10 credits from Career and Technology Studies (CTS), Fine Arts, Second Languages or Physical Education 20 or 30.